Sunday, December 30, 2007

Monday Highlights

Well, it'll be Monday in 19 minutes. Close enough.

1. Hannah was sick all weekend with a flu bug. I can handle the bottom end, but when it comes out the top end it just is a little much. Sorry if that was TMI. Dr P had us giving her powdered deglycyrrhizinated licorice or DGL for short. He wanted her to take 1/4 t. in her mouth and swallow it without water or food. Think powdered black licorice with no sugar. Now guess how she felt about that. It worked though! She had been super sick for 24 hours and still seemed to be feeling terrible, but after we started her on the stuff she got better right away. We gave her water though. :)

2. It is 11:42pm and there has been silence in the house for about 10 minutes. Whew. With Hannah sick, she gets used to special treatment and doesn't believe in going to bed anymore. We put them to bed at 9. She's a determined one, this one. Oh, there's Audrey again. Never mind.

3. We're having my parents and two youngest siblings over New Year's Eve. This makes us feel a little more socialized. At least we won't go to bed at 10pm like we have some years. It's hard to party till after midnight with little kids. I still miss it some though. Not that I ever partied that Hard, but... :)

4. We took the Christmas tree out last night. That was a relief. Our house looks so spacious now!
Plus, no more pine needles all over the carpet. What a mess.

5. I've been spending quite a bit of my time figuring out how to run a business lately. I'm reading things about marketing and leadership and writing business plans. It is absolutely fascinating me. In a way, I feel more like myself than I have in a few years. I think it's really good for me to have a project to do outside of raising the kids.

6. My latest food fascination: Ghee. It's clarified butter - they take out all the milk fat, so there's no lactose or casein in it, but it tastes like butter. Butter is the one dairy product I've never been able to give up, so the prospect of maybe being able to taste butter without being sick the next day is very exciting to me. I had some on bread at dinner and it was delicious. It's usually used in Indian cooking and you can do high heat cooking with it without it smoking, but I plan to try it in baking sometime soon.

It's been a pretty rough week and I'm kinda weary tonight. Hope your week was good.
Happy New Year! Yay for 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment