Thursday, December 20, 2007

Busy week

Not much time for blogging this week.

We were gone most of the day yesterday, having meetings for Maeve Designs, (which is actually Maeve Bridal now). We met with a woman who will probably do some seamstress work for us. Pretty exciting. She currently works doing alterations for a bridal shop, but said she would much rather work for us and will quit her other job when we have enough work. It was great that she seemed as excited about it as we are.

I made cookies last night. Chocolate Chocolate Chip and Spicy Ginger Cookies. The ginger cookies are still in the freezer because I haven't done dishes yet and therefore I don't have room to bake them yet, but the chocolate chip turned out PERFECT. I sweetened both with maple syrup so I had to make minor changes to the recipes to make the dough the right consistency. I also have to add an extra egg to make them work at our altitude of 7000 feet. I'm starting to learn which ingredients to play with though. Now, to avoid eating 10 cookies today...

We have a couple more Christmas presents to buy and then we're done. I bought Christmas cards, and then got bogged down in the process because I wanted to actually include a picture or a letter or something that meant something more than a plain, generically signed card. I have neither picture nor letter, so my cards are still sitting in a stack here, partially addressed. Oh well. At least I bought them at the dollar store. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment