Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekly Update

1. My kids are watching Barney. I used to swear I would never allow this. Oh well.

2. The bridal fair went well. Holly and I felt a little like we were still playing business. There were lots of big companies, and people with lots of experience. The caterer next to us was almost cranky. The laser hair removal person on the other side of us was a super aggressive salesperson. There were multi-level marketing people across the aisle from us. It was interesting, to say the least. We got quite a bit of interest though, and a couple of girls enthusiastically told us, "Oh! I've seen your website and I'm so excited!" Really? Really? That amazes us a little. I suspect it will be worth it, but oh, were we tired by the end!

3. We are interviewing a seamstress tonight, and I'm looking for additional illustrators through Craig's list. I'm already amazed at how many talented people live here.

4. I'm keeping this a quiet week as far as plans. I'll have lots of follow-up work to do for Maeve, and we need a break.

5. Friday night we went to Ted's Montana Grill with my parents. It was SO yummy. But apparently I got some gluten and spent all day Saturday on the couch, aching so badly I couldn't function. I even took Advil - it doesn't seem to help in that case. My incredible husband ran the household almost single-handedly all weekend between that and the bridal fair. The house was clean, the dishes were done, meals were made...he's pretty much incredible. :) Love you, Nick!

6. Nick also fixed the heater fan in our Jeep yesterday while the girls napped. It's been broken...a long time. He really is amazing. :)

That's about all I got. Lots to do today...better get to it!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...try Teletubbies. It has actually been viewed in my home. FOR REAL!!!

    ReplyDelete