Saturday, October 18, 2008

Frustrating Day...

This post is for my own therapy...feel free to skip.

We got home from dinner and errands at 8:30 last night. Nick left right away to go out with his best guy friend (I'm his best friend. Teehee), who is about to move back to Ohio. They totally needed to hang out before he leaves, so I got the girls to bed by myself. Then I laid down and was OUT. Nick got home at 11:30, and got up again at 4am because he had a bunch of hours of work to do before we could go to the memorial service today. Meanwhile, I had terrible dreams all night, and ended up laying awake the better part of the night. At 6:55am, Hannah came and got in bed with me. She was coughing and stuffy and miserable. She kept randomly yelling because she was so frustrated with her stuffy nose. This, while I'm trying to get the little sleep I actually got last night. At 7:30 I finally called Nick and he came home from work so I could get a couple of hours of sleep. When I woke up my head was buzzing. That's the best way I can describe it. We had planned to leave the girls with my mom so we could go to the service, but didn't want to do that since Hannah was sick, and someone with a seizure disorder (me) cannot drive when their head is buzzing.

So we skipped it. All of it. The service which there is no replay for, and the farm with the pumpkins. I finally woke up at 1, feeling somewhat groggy, but normal, and very disappointed. The house is a disaster, the girls were wiped out and Hannah is sick (at least they went down for naps easily), Nick is sitting on the couch watching football, and I'm pouting, I must admit. Can I have a do-over?

2 comments:

  1. I guess the only way to look at it is that everyday is a do over untill you get one you like. I couldn't go to Jon's service either because I couldn't get a sitter. I hope the girly feels better and you get some sleep. Sorry for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks. Sorry you had a frustrating day. When the kids are sick, days and nights get all screwed up. I get so worn out and I don't have any health issues.

    You can't get the memorial service back, but you can always try the pumpkin patch next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete