Monday, October 20, 2008

GF Pumpkin Cookies

Sometimes you gotta have a cookie.

Danielle brought some mouth-watering looking pumpkin cookies to small group a few weeks ago. We asked her to post the recipe and she did. Of course since they were made with gluten, I could only sit and have my mouth water. :)

So, I adapted the recipe. I laughed as I did it, because ultimately the recipe looked nothing like hers. But, the cookies actually came out looking similar, and they are very tasty! I was afraid to make the huge amount her recipe makes, until I knew if it would work. So, I halved the recipe first. Here's my adaptation:

GF Pumpkin Cookies

Combine and set aside:
1 c Teff flour (brown rice flour or sorghum flour would probably work too)
1/2 c Tapioca flour
1/2 c Sweet rice flour
1 c Quinoa flakes (or certified GF oats)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice (it was a nice touch, I thought)
1/2 tsp salt

Whisk together:
1/2 c virgin coconut oil
1/4 c canola oil (or grapeseed oil)
3/4 c agave nectar
1 1/2 tsp egg replacer powder (no need to add the water)
1 tsp vanilla
1 16 oz can of pumpkin

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add 1 - 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (optional)

Drop by tablespoon onto lightly greased pan (I used parchment paper on my pans) and bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment