Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm up late...again. I tried to go to bed at 10 with Nick, I really did. Except that I just laid there and thought about stuff anyway. Finally I gave up and came to finish a few more things on the computer. I've been posting lots of snippets and bulleted lists lately, and not much else. Oh well, here's another one.

-Holly and I are making lots of decisions about Maeve. I know God will guide us because I continually ask Him to, but it's scary to start to take small risks with the hope that it will grow. We have no reason to think it won't grow, but we also had nothing to lose to this point. If you think of us, pray for wisdom and guidance!

-I made cinnamon raisin bar cookies a couple of days ago, and started to be suspicious today that they were making the girls and me sick. Tonight I realized it must be the new brand of raisins I bought. Duh. There on the wrapper "processed in a facility that also processes wheat." I should know to check labels by now. Duh again! So we're all doing the gluten thing this week. My stomach is killing me, and the girls have fought constantly for three days. Again, duh! Course correction...back on track. This is the life of a gluten free person!

-Nick and I get to go on a date tomorrow night. This is way overdue, and the first night in awhile we even have available to do that. Joanna's mom's group is doing mom's night out tomorrow night too, and I am torn, but date night is going to have to take priority this time. I'll miss all you guys! Have fun!

-I have been reading the Today's Lessons blog for literally YEARS. Her most recent post is a beautiful documentation of her garden heading toward fall, and she invites anyone interested to email and request seeds from her garden. Well, I emailed, and yesterday I received a whole thick envelope full of flower seeds! I am so very excited. Except now I have to wait all winter to plant them! :) Our lease is up at this house June 1st, which means I will practically have to put a garden in before I unpack the house, but I WILL be gardening next summer. I am determined.

-This post by New Life's college ministry pastor sums up my feelings about the election. (In my reader it's full of question marks - everywhere. Weird. But the content's good!) I vote based on a political party only so far as that party usually agrees with my worldview. But when I ask the questions Aaron Stern presents, I inevitably end up with the republican candidate. I know several of you are Obama supporters. If you are willing to humor me, I would honestly, seriously love to understand why. What is it about what he believes that resonates with you? Whenever I hear him talk I find myself saying, "but I don't WANT the government to do that for me." Surely we can all be adults here and chat about this, kindly. I'm tired of politics too, and I can't wait until the election is over and we can all just deal with the results. But I'm also very curious about this.

Alright. I'm making myself go to bed now. Discuss. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you- I'd love to know why some folks out there support Obama. . .I just don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not an Obama supporter:)
    But...I'm also not a McCain supporter...ah what to do, what to do!

    For me, that meant removing myself from tho voting booths this year.

    Not that I'm "checking out"--in fact, I have been more interested and involved politically than ever, but this was the only decision I felt I could make.

    ReplyDelete