Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday Highlights

Good morning!

Here's what's going on in our world.

1. Halloween this week. The girls are going to be Pooh and Tigger, and we're taking them to "Hallelujah Night" at church. You've never seen anything like this. Whole rooms full of bouncy castles and candy and games. It's a huge community outreach, it's mass chaos, and it's a ton of fun. Plus, we almost always get snow on October 31st, and it's WARM inside! The pastors even come and dress up and it's hysterical.

(Just back from an interruption - Hannah walked in and announced, "A MESSY BI-PER!")

2. A new student this week. Whew. I think I have reached the point of no more space for students. Until School of Worship is done, anyway. That's in three weeks.

3. The Rockies lost. This actually made me sad for a minute. At least they lost to the Red Sox and not somebody lame, like the Indians.

4. I have decided that I'm going to start playing the piano every day, as part of our routine. Maybe after a couple weeks, the girls will not insist on sitting in my lap and "helping" the entire time.

5. My phone broke. The screen no longer lights up so I can't tell who's calling. However, I called AT&T this morning, and they say I can go to a store and get an "upgrade." Translation: a free phone, or a cheap phone. Very excited about this. Apparently upgrades are available every 6 months if you pay your bill on time?

6. We are painting our bathroom this week. This scares me because I have to finally make a decision about what color. I can do this. It won't look stupid. Right?

So, there ya go. A pretty low-key week for us. I'm so glad. What highlights do you have this week?

5 comments:

  1. Alright...I have to say it, the name Hallelujah Night is so lame. Why not call it what it is--an alternative to Halloween. I think Christians get so wrapped up in the meaning of Halloween. You know what Halloween means to me: a day to wear a costume, eat candy, and have fun with my family. We aren't worshipping satan, we aren't having a wiccan whatever. OY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you, although if they called it anything related to Halloween, there would always be people who would refuse to participate because it was still "related." Actually, there are probably people who refuse to participate anyway...so it probably doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. re #1 - Ours was a "Harvest Party"

    re #3 - Go Red Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I mainly have to put that in there as a part of "obeying my husband and calling him lord") =)

    re #4 - I've been meaning to do this too! But that means leaving baby and toddler playing together behind my back, as I can't really play when either of them are asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, do you know if 2 and under are free at New life on Wed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's free for under 2, I think. $5 per person for everybody else.

    ReplyDelete