Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ugh

This is a complaining post. I warned you.

So, got my wisdom teeth out Friday. Apart from bursting into tears when they put the monitoring stuff on me and the IV in, it was fairly uneventful. They took me out to the car in a wheelchair and Nick drove me home. Then I slept on the couch most of the day while my mom took care of the kids. I didn't even fill my pain medication prescription - 2 Advil was good enough.

Yesterday I laid in bed and watched tv all day. Nick took care of the girls. Took 2 Advil at a time all day again.

Today Nick took the kids to church and I stayed home and did little jobs as I was able. Tried to cut down on the Advil because it always makes me dizzy (still far better than the
Vicodin they prescribed would have been - they actually prescribed me an anti-nausea med to go with the pain med they prescribed. Good grief.) Did fine most of the day.

Tonight I was completely off Advil and it hurts pretty much the worst that it has. Just took some more Advil. I'm supposed to be better today and if I'm not then it could mean dry socket, which he said my age and body type are high risk for. Then I have to go BACK to the doc and have more meds. Plus my mom leaves Tuesday for CA so I won't have extra help if I need it.
Granted, this is the first time I've been completely off medication, so it's hard to tell if I'm better or not. Either way, I'm feeling pretty cranky.


I think I probably just tried to be too tough too fast. I'll go back on Advil and be fine. Right? *Sigh*

Edited: Just reread the "Post-op care instructions."
"Prescribed pain medications are generally needed during the first day or two. After that ibuprofen or Tylenol is generally sufficient."

Heh. Yeah. Tried to be too brave. I'll be fine. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment