Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Uh...Tuesday...Highlights

1. Hannah threw up several times Sunday night. Something is still bothering her system and I cannot figure out what it is. We ate out a lot over the weekend, so it could have been anything. She sure was sick though. I sure hate throw up.

2. As a result, yesterday was a day to be survived. I woke up this morning thinking, "didn't I just do this?" Thankfully today is much better so far, with the exception of the standard post-sickness temper tantrums. Do your kids do those? It's like they get used to being waiting on hand and foot, and get awfully frustrated when the preferential treatment ends. No, you cannot watch Calliou 500 million times today!

3. Nick is helping a friend move tonight. This is one of those things I must fight the temptation to be cranky about. I want him to help friends move - I really do. It's just that it is a huge sacrifice for him to be gone all night. I know, I'm a wimp. There are so many of you whose husbands travel and stuff. I guess we don't have much practice. I'm thinking about taking the girls to the mall or something tonight. At least we can go play rather than sitting in the house all day?

4. My mom is having a Valentine's Day tea for my sisters and my kids and I. Hannah has been talking about having "a pink party with hearts," so I guess this will fit the bill. I have no idea where she learned about that. Advertising is amazing. So is a 2 1/2 year old's ability to understand it.

5. I have the biggest mess of a house today. I did nothing but keep everybody alive and fed yesterday, so the dishes, the toys, the vaccuuming, you-name-it, it was left undone. I will either try the Flylady 15 minute rule, or just turn on music and work till I drop. It all depends on the level of motivation I can work up.

6. In spite of my griping today, we actually slept last night! Audrey has slept through the night every night for two weeks, but Hannah has been waking up every night. Last night we all slept from 10pm to 8am. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment