Tuesday, September 2, 2008

On Palin

This post said very eloquently what I'm feeling about making a judgment about the Sarah Palin deal. In addition to the reasons this blogger listed against Palin, I've also seen someone talk about Deborah in the Bible, and how it was an insult to Israel that there were no men willing to step up and lead. Then she quoted a passage from a minor prophet that talked about Israel's sin, and mentioned that women lead them. I'm unsure how much of that was related to culture, and how much is God's intended authority structure.

So for right now, I'm reserving judgment. Palin is an interesting person, for sure. She obviously stands up for what she believes while showing love and compassion for people (her daughter, for example) who make mistakes. I'm watching the whole thing carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment