Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Everyone's Doing It

OK, so this is my New Year's post.

The idea of a resolution at the beginning of the year is a little funny to me. Because, after all, shouldn't we be working on our lives year round? On the other hand, the beginning of a new year is a great time to think about life, evaluate where you are, think about things that could be better. So, although it sounds trite to me, here is my list:

-Exercise regularly (I gotta get stronger and have more energy than this. I'm only 27.)
-Turn off the tv more and play with the kids more. (I have a tendency to rely on the tv to help with the girls on hard days. I'm beginning to see that the longer it's on, the worse things get.)
-Learn more about business administration and marketing
-Make money at business
-Plant a garden
-Make our date night a weekly occurrence
-Paint the bathroom (no, we still don't have this done)
-Stick to our budget and pay off significant debt
-Write my piano curriculum
-Continue with time with God
-Love people better, even when it's inconvenient. (I hate that I'm flaky sometimes)

Interesting to me the things that aren't a huge priority - things like having a spotless house, spending more time reading stuff on the internet, etc.

What's on your list?

2 comments:

  1. I posted my 2008 goals on my blog. I like that your have a date night as a priority. Isn't it so easy to cancel that one night before everything else? Good reminder! I hope you had a very happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, CJ! Finding childcare for date night is the hardest thing for us - even with my family in town it's tough to do it every week. But, our marriage is so much better when we do. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete