Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Football season is here part 2

So, I guess this post really struck a chord with everybody. I have to say, I was shocked at the sheer volume of replies. OK, so there were like 10. But that is a new record for this blog. :)

I have a bunch of thoughts, and they don't seem to follow any kind of progression, but I'd like to share them anyway.

If you didn't read Leslie's comment toward the end, you should. I think she hit the nail on the head. We need to know that we are important enough that our husbands will defend time with us like they would defend their time watching a game. As I thought through that, the times when I have been most cranky about Nick watching a game have been times we have not had enough quality time together.

Our lives have to be balanced. I think that means different things for different families.

You guys should all come over next time Nebraska is on tv. It'll be fun. I know it's a drive for some of you. I don't care. :)

I'm not sure I will ever get to a point where I get involved in the games. Nick's not even sure he wants me to. He told me last night that he feels like my disinterest keeps his interest in balance. I did, however, walk by a sports apparel store in the mall today. Nick has been talking about how he wanted a new Nebraska t-shirt to wear during games. So, I got him one. It made him laugh. Watching games...not so much. Buying clothes? I can handle that one! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment