Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Interview

Flo did this on her blog the other day, and I thought it looked like fun. So, I requested that she send me some questions. Read to the end for the instructions if you'd like to join in. :) Thanks Flo!

1. What do you like the most about your home town?
Well, I suppose where I live now is my home town, since I've lived here longer (15 yrs) than I lived in the place I was born. What I like most is my church and my family are here. There have been many other places in the world that I've loved and thought I could live in, but my church and family were missing.

2. If you could go ANYWHERE on a second honeymoon, where would you go?
As unoriginal as it is, Europe. Nick and I both have been there and would love to go back. We'd probably have to find a beach while we're there, however. One without naked people, preferably. :)

3. What was the last thing that made you really laugh out loud?
Audrey has been doing this hysterical thing where she rubs her gums/teeth together from side to side and makes this really random noise like "blub blub blub blub." I think it feels good with her teeth coming in, but it looks and sounds really funny.

4. What characteristic of yourself do you hope to pass on to your children?
Ugh. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Obviously, my faith in God. Healthy eating and living. The ability to have healthy long term relationships. I can't choose one. I think this tends to be something that overwhelms me because there are so many things I want to pass on, and so many other things I do not want to pass on!

5. How have you changed the most since becoming a mama?
I don't think I realized how selfish I was until I couldn't do things my way anymore. Giving up my own will and timetable when it benefits the girls is probably the biggest thing. Because I have an aggressive personality and lots of skills and dreams, (bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills...sorry! Hope you caught that reference. :) I used to do exactly as I pleased, without much thought about what other people's needs are. Having kids has helped me grow a lot in that area. The other related thing that comes to mind is I have one kid (you guess which one!) who is rather "high needs," and no matter how much love and attention she gets, she can always use more. I'm learning to continue to give, even when I think I can't anymore. There's a reason God gives us the kids He does, and gives our kids the parents He does. Something about that combination of personalities is a perfect design!

So! Here's the instructions if you want to play. :)

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." (If I don't have your email address already, either leave it in the comment or email me at sarakay@gmail.com)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment