Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Clutter

I came across this list of suggestions for keeping your house organized today. Some of it is common sense, and some of it wouldn't work for us, but there are some interesting ideas. I found it rather funny that most of the suggestions were from parents of one or two kids. I have this mental image of these people who have spotless houses and "perfect" children giving the suggestions. That's probably not accurate...but it might be! :) I'd love to hear from parents of 4 or 5 kids or more. They're the ones who really know what they're talking about, and have probably tried more things than they can count! Anyway, take what's helpful and throw away the rest, right?

Another helpful site is flylady.net. This one helped me begin to understand how to keep a house straight. The danger with it for me is in going overboard. They say over and over not to be too hard on yourself. They are big on establishing routines to get your housework done. Routines go out the window fairly easily around here, but having one is definitely helpful.


Speaking of which, I think I'll go work on the garage. It's one of those rare days that the girls both went to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment