Monday, February 12, 2007

Just because it looks fun...

Homekeeping Meme

Aprons - Y/N? If yes, what does your favorite look like? Not so far, but someday I might.

Baking - Favorite thing to bake: Eh. Baking is a lot of work right now. I'm good at gluten-free mixes!

Clothesline - Y/N? No, but that sounds nice.

Donuts - Have you ever made them? Nope. Sounds like a stomach ache!

Every day - One homemaking thing you do every day: A load of dishes

Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze? Not yet. Someday.

Garbage Disposal - Y/N? Yes.

Handbook - The internet

Ironing - I literally do not remember the last time. We have a clothes steamer, or we throw it in the dryer for a few minutes. We have Nick's shirts laundered occasionally.

Junk Drawer - Y/N? Alas, a necessary evil.

Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme? White with oak cabinets. Not my choice...yet.

Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking? Feeding my family healthy food that makes them strong. And organizing closets. And doing laundry. I really do enjoy those for some reason.

Mop - Y/N? Yes, but not often enough.

Nylons - Only if I hafta...or if it's too cold to wear the skirt I want to wear.

Oven - Do you use the window or open the door to check? Open the door. I don't have a window.

Pizza - What do you put on yours? Pizza is a thing of the past around our house right now.

Quiet - Reading, internet

Recipe card box - Y/N? What does it look like? Yes, it's a black plastic note card box from Walmart.

Style of house - What is the style of your house? Townhouse

Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N? Don't have any tablecloths I like. Napkins - we sometimes do cloth for company, paper for everyday.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland? Not bad. Child-proofed!

Vacuum - Preferably twice a week.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do per week? 5 or 6?

X's - Do you keep a list of things to do that you cross off? Once the list gets so long that it's making my head spin, yes.

Yard - Y/N? Who does what? Once we have a lawn, Nick will do the mowing. I do the flowers/gardening.

Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task before going to bed? Start the dishwasher/pick up the living room.

Wow. I'm not as domestic as I thought I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment