Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday Headlines

Whew. What a week.

1. Nick was sick with the stomach flu for two days. The girls and I stayed well, for which I am very thankful. Hearing a grown man throw up is quite possibly the worst sound the in the world. Just sayin. You know, because I'm sure you wanted to know.

2. School of Worship graduation was Saturday. Always a good time. Always an honor to be involved with the school.

3. Saturday afternoon we had our pictures taken with Megan. I am SO excited to see them. The girls did incredibly. I couldn't believe how cooperative and happy they were. Expect to see pictures soon. :)

4. Saturday night Nick watched the girls and I went out for the evening. By myself. What did I do? Whatever I wanted. Sat at Starbucks, perused DSW, wandered around Goodwill (got 9 books and 2 videos for the girls for $10!). Like I said, whatever I wanted. It was wonderful to hear my own thoughts for a while. I really needed the break. We're planning to make this a regular thing. It makes me a better mom and wife.

5. Getting my hair cut tonight. Can't decide what I want to do. Rob always has good ideas. He's been cutting my hair for probably 10 years. I can't go as often as I'd like, but when I do I always love it.

6. I turn 28 on Wednesday. Yay!

7. Thursday night is a women's thing at church. If you're in town you should join us. Lisa Bevere is speaking and Kari Jobe is coming to lead worship. It's gonna be fun. A bunch of us from the mom's group are going and sitting together - feel free to meet us!

8. I meet with people about my piano curriculum before the thing Thursday night. We're brainstorming about what it should look like. I am so excited about this.

9. Friday and Saturday we'll be in Estes Park for my Bible School Reunion. I went to Bible school up there for the 1999-2000 school year, so we're having an 8 year reunion. :) We all were too excited to see each other, to wait two more years. We have kept in touch, and I can't wait to see my friends. That was an incredible year. I only wish we could stay up there longer.

10. Moe the cat made a cat friend this weekend. He's fixed and doesn't go outside, so it's doubly funny. We've been leaving the windows open, often until we go to bed at night. Saturday night he was sitting up on the windowsill and I kept thinking I was hearing a cat, but it didn't sound like him. Eventually Nick looked out the window and the neighbor's cat was sitting outside on the front deck. The two cats just sat and watched each other, occasionally doing that purr-meow thing (Brrrrrowwww?). They did the same thing again last night, for a couple of hours. You'd think they'd hiss or something, but they just sit and chat. :)

That's all for now. Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment