Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday Highlights

1. It's Thanksgiving week. Yay! I think Thanksgiving may be my favorite holiday.
2. Between students out of town, school of worship being done, and Nick getting two days off, this week feels very relaxing.
3. Noses have quit running around here. Now we're just working on those leftover coughs. I'm fairly sure we had the flu, so that's over. Nice.
4. I'm currently reading The Saving Life of Christ by Major Ian Thomas. For me, this book is life-changing. Expect posts on it someday. I have to digest it first and not preach about it yet. :)
5. The mannequin head across the street at the neighbor's house has been taken down. I know this is not that important, but it makes me happy anyway.
6. Nick and I stayed up late watching Shrek the Third last night. I don't know why. But it was fun to be together and do something mindless.
7. My sister Holly and I are working on our business. We're doing custom wedding dresses, if you know anyone who needs one. Holly is a fantastic designer, and I am handling the business aspects. I will probably post a full blog about this soon.
8. I get to make a full Thanksgiving dinner just for us. We're going to my parents' on Thursday, but I'm going to make dinner at our house on Friday. I'm really looking forward to it. Turkey, gluten-free stuffing (haven't decided if I will do brown and wild rice, or gluten free bread), mashed sweet potatoes, green beans, fresh cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie with pecan crust (I'm not doing it from scratch like this recipe. A can of pumpkin is good enough for me), rolls from Outside the Bread Box, and probably one or two other things I will get inspiration for this week. Cooking is a creative outlet for me - a much needed one!

OK, this is long enough. Lots of fun stuff going on! What are your highlights this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment