Thursday, March 1, 2007

Processing

I'm currently working through the Bible study called, "Restore My Heart" by Denise Glenn. I got behind when Hannah was sick, and while trying to get caught up last night came across this quote:

"Letting Jesus change you with His word and take you where He wants you to go is the great adventure of this life."

I though it rather profound.

I was one of those kids who never doubted what God was going to do in the world through me. As an 18 year old, straight out of high school, I landed a job as the worship ministry secretary for Woodmen Valley Chapel. At the time, the church was about 5,000 people. The worship ministry had a database of over 200 volunteers as well as a full time staff of 5. I was the only administrative help for the department. I was in WAY over my head. But even so, they trusted me with the position.

For years, I daydreamed about starting a worship ministry of some kind. One that would send me traveling the world, playing and singing for thousands. Actually, I did do that some. I thought I had found my purpose.

Fast forward a few years. I currently have four private piano students, one of them being my little sister. My days are filled with diapers, laundry and messes. I'm pretty sure it's been just over 3 years since I played consistently with a band. I used to be on stage at least once, if not twice a week. I found so much of my value in that. It was who I was. I still have a heart for worship ministry, but my heart to raise my girls to be Godly women, and to be available for them is so much more passionate. Sometimes I begin to feel that I've left that other life behind for good.

Here's the kicker: my life is not on hold. As long as I continue to allow Jesus to transform me with His word, I'm moving forward. I have never made any decisions that I felt were out of God's will, so therefore this place I find myself must be exactly where I'm supposed to be - no matter what it feels like on some days. And for that matter, even if I had made poor decisions, God has a way of working things out for the good of those who love Him. He promised to do that. I can trust that He will. No need to second guess and wonder and feel left out. My job is simply to stay open to His word and the adventure He has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment