Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hannah at the library


library, originally uploaded by sakalomi.

I think I've written before about my memories of the library. Somehow my incredible mother managed to take 5 kids to the library at least once a month. I vividly remember her telling us we could each get 10 books. I don't have a clue how she got 5 kids under 11 and 50+ books OUT of the library, but she did. I have loved books ever since. I read at 4 and was known to devour entire books in one sitting in late elementary school. I read several hours a day sometimes.

It was with those memories putting a smile on my face, that I took Hannah and Audrey to the library today. We had a great time. Hannah and I picked out three books to read. She carried them herself all the way from the children's section to the check out line. Then, when she saw we had to wait in line, she plopped down on the floor in the middle of everything, and began to look at her books. I still can't wipe the smile off my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment