Monday, December 29, 2008

Weekly Update

1. Still relishing Christmas a bit around here. It was really nice. Nick had 4 days off in a row. The gifts we gave and got were fun. I'm still enjoying looking at and smelling my Christmas tree. I was feeling a little down last night about it all being over, but the short week this week will be nice, and there are lots of other things to look forward to. We're running Maeve ads again, so new work is one thing I'm excited about...

2. Nick and the girls got colds after the day of candy. No big shocker there. I always feel like we're the last ones to get it, but eventually some opportunity to eat tons of sugar presents itself, and we get hit with it too. At least everyone seems better today, after a regimen of prayer and various concoctions over the weekend.

3. We made the decision last night to shut off our satellite. We've known this was needed for quite some time, and frankly I'm glad the decision is made. We get just a couple channels out here without it, but I am honestly looking forward to the quiet, and the blessing it will be to our family long-term. Is it easier to park my children in front of the tv? Yes. Definitely. Do I feel good about it? No. Absolutely not. Honestly, my kids enjoy watching princess movies and Veggie Tales more anyway...

4. We have no New Year's plans. We'll probably either end up at my parents' or just put the kids to bed and drink sparkling cider on the couch. :)

5. The cute little cottage across the street still isn't rented....know anyone who needs a place to live?

6. It's supposed to be 50 degrees here today! Backyard, here we come!

Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting rid of the dish! I've got to be honest, the first week was tough but now I gotta tell ya I can't believe how much I love it. We do crafts every day, my kids play more together, We go to bed earlier AND I have learned to read again. All that from TV. Also taking a week break from Face Book was nice (didn't you do it to?) it killed my obsession and I really don't check it too often anymore. It's amazing if you stop and think about everything that eats up your time, you'll realize how much extra you really could have. Blogging however, I'm not giving up. :) Glad you all had a great Christmas! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete