Thursday, May 21, 2009

What's your baby eating?

Here's an article I found interesting. Among other interesting tidbits, was one brand of "biscuits" for children that were found to contain 29 percent sugar! Others contained trans fat. The article also talks about the effects of soy formula on children - the more I learn about soy, the more I understand why my body hates it so much! Even organic jars of baby food are either way too expensive, or contain high levels of sodium (the brand I mostly fed Audrey has high sodium levels, apparently).

Hannah got all freshly prepared homemade baby food, but I got lax with Audrey's since they were just 16 1/2 months apart. Oh, that and the fact that Audrey pretty much refused solids until she was about 14 months. I had given up by then! :)

I think you always have to take things like this with a grain of salt (no pun intended!). We all have to do the best we can as mothers. But if you understand the choices you're making, you're likely to make BETTER choices than you would if you didn't know any better. No guilt, just doing the best we can with what we know, and the situation we have, right?

(Oh, and the liver & egg recipe at the end of the article? GROSS!!!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment