Thursday, May 7, 2009

Grocery Store Conversations

When I grocery shop, particularly if I'm blessed enough to be able to go on my own, I like to chat with the person at the register. It's always the same handful of people, and we all recognize each other. I shop at a regional family-owned health food store.

Anyway, last night, the bagger was sneezing all over the place and excusing himself, so I said to him, "It's that swine flu, ya know." He and the lady at the register cracked up laughing, and then he proceeded to tell me about how the media is all about benefiting the drug companies through their scare tactic reporting, and how we have all these weird strains of flu happening because of our overuse of antibiotics and chemical sanitizers, and how he was testing chicken eggs in the 70's and finding tetracycline in them because farmers were using antibiotics to increase yields, and how "that didn't really work for us, did it?"

Couldn't agree more, buddy...

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard! What a fun conversation to have in public, and how refreshing that "normal" people share our opinions! :-)

    ReplyDelete